The Robin application automation platform reportedly enables companies to deliver an end-to-end, cloud-native, 5G service delivery network.
Intel's OpenNESS is an open-source software initiative designed to help accelerate the creation of new applications and services for 5G and edge.
The Robin platform accelerates the creation of application pipelines that run vital business processes.
Robin.io, an application automation platform company, recently that it has integrated Intel’s Open Network Edge Services Software (OpenNESS) into its platform for and edge services in a containerized environment.
Intel's OpenNESS is an open-source software initiative designed to help accelerate the creation of new applications and services for 5G and edge. It is supposed to make it easier for cloud and (IoT) developers to develop applications while taking advantage of the underlying networking capabilities offered by Intel platforms and solutions.
The Robin platform delivers automation and lifecycle manag;ement of 5G service delivery including RAN. OpenNESS technology, coupled with the Robin.io cloud-native orchestration and automation platform, makes containerization of the CNF/VNF/RAN possible for the first time, reducing infrastructure and operations costs dramatically for 5G service providers.
- Partha Seetala, CTO, Robin.io
Robin.io automates the deployment and life cycle management of complex data and network-intensive application pipelines as a service, including the demanding requirements of 5G service delivery. The Robin application automation platform reportedly enables companies to deliver an end-to-end, cloud-native, 5G service delivery network.
Leading service providers are accelerating deployment of cloud native technologies for network functions and edge services. We are collaborating with the Intel Network Builders ecosystem, including Robin.io, to accelerate a path to commercialization by integrating and deploying OpenNESS microservices at the edge.
- Renu Navale, VP & GM, Edge Computing and Ecosystem Enabling, Intel.
In addition to the collaboration around OpenNESS, Robin.io has also joined the Intel Network Builders program, a vast and mature ecosystem of global partners that are accelerating the transformation of network infrastructure towards 5G deployments.
Ecosystem collaboration and open source initiatives are fundamental to the Robin.io business strategy to address the following market realities:
1. Exploding global mobile data traffic is a burdening current infrastructure. By 2021, global mobile data traffic is expected to be 49 exabytes monthly, seven times more than all global mobile traffic at the end of 2016*;
2. The proliferation of devices driven by the advance of IoT is driving new demands of existing infrastructure;
3. The adoption of cloud computing and 5G will compel the need for new tools for deployment, scaling and life cycle management; and
4. The need for automation to manage the complexity, availability, scale, and performance of the 5G network, applications and data services.
The Robin application automation platform accelerates the deployment of complex applications as a service, such as 5G, RAN, big data, and Databases, with easy, one-click deployment, scaling and life cycle management. The Robin platform, combined with out-of-the-box app bundles, accelerates the creation of application pipelines that run vital business processes while increasing operational efficiency, developer productivity and cost savings.